We have officially discovered Brushy Creek Park. We had some professional family photos taken and the photographer suggested we meet at BCP. While there for photos, we discovered the playground, covered pavilions, running trails and the water park. Needless to say, we've enjoyed multiple trips to the water park. CCR has loved it!!
TMR just hanging out...
It's hard to see it in this picture, but there are a ton of pictures of CCR running around with his pointer finger extended...too funny!
How can anyone deny the pure enthusiasm in this little man??
A better shot of the finger...
I love the ripples in the water, but don't lose sight of the finger...
More of the finger...I never noticed it until I was going through all of the splash park photos at once.
He has no fear when it comes to getting soaked, sprayed in the face or anything else related to playing in the water!
He enjoyed playing with some of the smaller fountains and trying to drink the water...sheesh!
I love this picture in his towel...such an innocent face!
CCR was playing with his dad (who was in the front seat of the truck), but I love the reflection of his face in the window.
I love the exposure of this photo, but more importantly it captures what's left of his baby legs...I'm already tearing up at the idea of him thinning all the way out.
Doug is an avid reader of Community Impact. He read an article about a small post office located on the White Lime Company Quarry that is slated to close soon. We drove over there to check it out. The post office is located within the General Store onsite.
This is an original safe door that now leads to a storage room. I love when you have an idea of a really sweet photo of your child they decide to exude the most miserable facial expression...
When we were driving up to the post office, a train was passing by on the very nearby tracks (due to the quarry needs there are tracks that run all around the property). It was neat to show CCR a real train and for him to hear how loud and see how big they really are! He got so excited!!
CCR has not been enjoying bath time lately. In an effort to keep his interest, I gave him a soapy mohawk in the bath. I picked him up and showed him his mohawk in the mirror and he became smitten. So Doug gave him a mohawk after he got out. He thoroughly enjoyed it!
CCR pointing to his mohawk. It's pretty cute to hear him say it because he pronounces it "Moohawk". Precious.
TMR heading to bed. She is one rolling over machine! She doesn't hang out on her back much at all anymore, and she's up on all fours and rocking back and forth. Man how the time flies!!
CCR is the best big brother ever!! And I'm not just saying that. A wise mom, whose initials are Jen Wilcoxson, once told me to make sure to engage him in the taking care of TMR. As soon as we got her home from the hospital, we have kept him a large part of taking care of her. If she finishes a bottle and throw it on the floor, he will say "Tata dopped a bottle!" and then go put it in the sink. Recently he has been confronted with the notion of sharing with TMR. The first few times she showed interest in his toys, he was not happy about it. Then one time she took his toy (he wasn't playing with it), he took it from her, told her no, and then I could see the wheels turning. He held the toy still while evaluating his decision and then offered it back to her. She took it gladly, and he moved on. Now I can ask him to give her a toy (usually a car of truck) of his and he will gladly oblige even giving her two, three or four of the ones he's playing with. This is a picture we snapped before church a few weeks ago of the two of them playing together.
I am an avid coupon/deal hunter. I follow sites like LivingSocial and Groupon daily. A few weeks ago the deal of the day was half off of the one year membership rate for the Austin Children's Museum. I jumped all over that. Here are a few pictures of our trip. A very sweet picture of TMR smiling. They have a great 2 yo and under area that is a great learning opportunity for little ones. TMR enjoyed it!
I put the next two picture on the blog because I know parents can relate to the many facial expressions of children and just how quickly they change. The above picture is a pic I got of TMR and a split second later (after making a very quick goofy face), I got the picture below. And I think, even moreso than other kids, TMR has the most expressive face I've seen!
TMR really enjoyed making music on this star tamborine.
CCR loves fish! He really enjoyed watching them go about their day...
TMR playing around with a neat activity block.
Speaking of her expressive face, here is a sneer that I was able to randomly capture...I think she was done with me...
For those of you who aren't or haven't been around CCR a lot, he is in love with trucks and cars! Really, anything that's related to transportation or has an engine. He really enjoyed wearing his safety vest and playing with the dump truck and grader in the Funstruction exhibit.
Here CCR is putting all of the bricks in their spots to make a wall.
This is an area of the museum all about physics. He really enjoyed watching the parts roll down the slide/ramp.
Mimi (Doug's mom) had back surgery last week (everything went well and she's recovering very well) so her sister came into town to help her with her initial recovery. Aunt Connie was in town for a little over a week, and we had a great time spending our evenings with them. We were able to capture some really fun photos during one of our visits. TMR is just like her brother - she is very skeptical of new people until she's comfortable (which can take up to 5 visits). Well, she really warmed up to Aunt Connie after a few visits (quicker than usual) so we were able to capture some really sweet photos of the two of them.
Aunt Connie really understands the energy levels of boys, and CCR had a great time goofing around with her!
Again, I remind everyone of her expressive face...I love this one!!!
We are a big kissing family and kisses between kiddos is part of that. CCR loves his sister and loves to kiss her on her head. It's very sweet...
Here CCR is hanging out with Mimi playing with a light wand. It's very cool!
I hope you've enjoyed this recap of September. Maybe one day I'll get better at posting individual posts...but I simply don't have the time these days...I hope you understand! (I know you do)
No comments:
Post a Comment