Well, Colton went in for his 2 month well check up today. I have been dreading this doctor visit since he was born! But first things first, here's his stats:
Weight - 13 lbs. 11 oz.
Height - 24 1/4 in.
Hat size - 40.5 cm
Everything else checked out, and the doctor gave him an A+!! Woohoo!!!!!
Well, that part was great. Dr. Prochnow answered all of my questions and assured me that everything that I inquired about was normal...whew! So on to he immunizations...
Doug held his hands, and I sat on the other side of the room. He was a trooper with the oral dose. When the nurse gave him the first shot, he started to cry right away. He went right into the cry where he stops breathing for as long as he can make it...Doug blew in his face to get him to take a breath and that did absolutely nothing...so actually, he didn't realize he got the second shot because he was still holding his breath from the first one...then the nurse told us that the last one would hurt worse than the other two...argh! She gave it to him and he immediately started crying and went right into screaming. He screamed twice, but quickly after that I was cleared to snuggle/console him. As for me, I started crying while she was swabbing his leg - sheesh - cried during the first shot, was relieved a little when he finally took a breath but was quickly losing it again when he started screaming...that absolutely broke my heart! I know what we're doing is good for him by preventing life threatening illnesses, but the pain just eats me up! But I told Doug that his pain is part of his growing up, and my hurting heart is part of growing into my role as mother (of a son - tee hee). I feel that I need to prepare myself for the future broken bones, sprains and other injuries that come with growing boys...
So I'm glad that my son is healthy and that his first round of shots are over! Now I'm nursing his little legs back to health after their pricks this afternoon...I'm sure he'll be back up and about tomorrow...tee hee
Praise God for a great check up!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Suck it up! LOL You did very well. They always scream with the first shot and then really do not react to the others because they were not finished reacting to the first yet. The good thing is that they do not remember the shots when they get older and that you cried right with him.
Post a Comment