Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Well, it's official...

For those of you who haven't heard through the grapevine yet, we are pregnant! We found out in late January and went to the doctor to confirm. The day of our appointment I was 6 weeks and 5 days along. With the ultrasound we got to see the fluttering of the baby's heart and hear it beating...although it was challenging to find the right spot. There was a collective sigh of relief from Doug and me after that!

The pregnancy has gone smoothly so far. I've had a little bit of morning sickness - what I call yuckiness - but nothing unbearable. I have a follow-up appointment this coming Monday - the 10th - to listen for the baby's heartbeat using the handheld deviced rather than the mega-ultrasound machine. Honestly, I'm nervous about this appointment but am also very excited as well. This friday is 12 weeks so I'll officially be out of my first trimester and onto bigger and better days...

Frisco has already clued in to the changes in my body and is very needy. He's guarding me quite a bit closer than he used to and follows me everywhere! He's been a great protector for me.

Well, that's the skinny Minnie...we just wanted to share this information with everyone...we'll keep you posted.

KR

Oh, I almost forgot...I'm sitting for the MPRE this Saturday which is the ethics portion of the Texas Bar Exam so please wish me luck and say a little prayer for me!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

WOW!!! Well, it's also official that I am so so so so happy and excited for you and Doug! You two are going to make wonderful parents! I can't believe you're already starting that second trimester! Yeahhhhh!! Ok, well I'll keep reading to see how things are going, and I'll be sure to say a prayer for your test tomorrow!
Love and Prayers,
Cassie

The Ford Family said...

I am still amazed by this news! It is so exciting. Can't wait to see some ultrasound pics!

Please blog often!