Monday, March 24, 2008

12 weeks...

Well, we went to the doctor for our 12 week check up and did the doppler for the first time. To be honest, I was very nervous going in to the appointment as it was a very important benchmark to make sure everything was progressing with the baby. Well, the doctor gooped up my belly and starting searching...and searching...and searching...it was so nerve-wracking!! I finally closed my eyes and just prayed...please find the heartbeat! The doctor saw my reaction and reassured me that the baby was so small and a search was necessary. Eventually, on the left side of my belly, we found the baby and its ever-so-sweet heart beating...woosh...woosh...woosh...woosh...BAM...woosh...woosh...woosh...woosh...

The doctor explained that we had just heard the baby kick. While I'm not far enough along and the baby not big enough for me to have felt it, it was so neat to know that we had at least a heart and one leg growing inside my belly!

So the doctor said everything looks and sounds great and that we'll see him again in four weeks to repeat the doppler. Let me tell you...it was such a relief to hear the baby's heartbeat after so long (we heard and saw the heart fluttering at 6 1/2 weeks). Thank God for a great check up!!

5 comments:

Grammie said...

As one of the Grammies to be, I am very excited for Kerri and Doug. I love the blog my darling, and I look forward to many more funny observances...ie whoosh whoosh, bam, whoosh whoosh...won't be long and you'll feel the little flutters...
I love you both...have a wonder pregnancy.

The Ford Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ford Family said...

What a wonderful sound that is, the heartbeat! "You knit me together in my mother's womb . . . " -Psalm 139:13b

What a wonderful God we serve!

Love,
Cristina

Aunt Connie and Uncle Bill said...

Doug and Kerrie,
Thank you for sharing your progress with us. We continue to celebrate with you the life that God is developing within you. We keep on praying that God will develop your baby in its spirit, soul, and body (1 Thess. 5:23), to the praise of His Glory.
We love you,
Aunt Connie and Uncle Bill

Cassie said...

So . . . how are you doing you sweet mama-cita to be!! I've been thinking about ya!