Monday, December 21, 2009

Some Recent Photos to Catch You Up...

Some random photos around the house. These were taken in late September, and I know that because if you look closely, CCR's teeth are beautiful. I'll explain more later...




This photo was just taken a few weeks ago. CCR has shown a ton of interest in walking around recently, but he is hasn't been confident enough to do it without the walker. This is a photo of him walking around the living room with the walker. Update: Last week (Wednesday to be exact) he took his first steps. He walked right across the playroom at Jen's, and has tried again a few more times, but is still pretty skiddish when it comes to doing it all by himself.



Here is a collection of photos of CCR when we were on our family vacation in Canyon Lake with my entire family. This was my dad's first opportunity to meet CCR in person and they weren't together more than an hour and a half, and my dad had him doing "touchdown". I know the quality of this photo isn't very good, but it was so cute because CCR couldn't get enough of doing "touchdown".


Some fun pictures of CCR sitting at the breakfast table in our condo. I love how quickly he went from so cute to so grumpy...pretty funny!

I'll take this opportunity to share about the tooth story...

We had a very traumatic evening in the first week of October when I was trying to get ready for a 3 day trip to Washington DC for a work related conference. CCR was in the bath, and he had been showing a ton of interest in being on his knees in general (gearing up for walking) so we were having to help him understand that it's not very safe for him to be on his knees in the bath tub. Well, I was a little late in telling him because, even though he was bracing himself on the edge of the tub, his knee slipped and he hit his front tooth square on the edge of the tub. He chipped the tooth, and I lost my mind. He was upset for a minute or two, but I was a wreck for the rest of the night. I was fully expecting blood and the whole works everywhere, but he just happened to hit his tooth right on the tub and nothing else was injured...thankfully! So now he's got some "character" because he has this cute, chipped tooth. Can you see it in this picture below? It's his front right tooth...






Here is a string of pictures that we were able to capture of CCR with my older sister, Molly. Some of CCR's faces are just hilarious! I love this over-the-top smile and the puckered lips below...too funny!





And I just love this photo! CCR with his Auntie Molly...

Here's a fun picture of my parents. My mom's 60th birthday fell during the week we were all together so we took everyone (her) to San Antonio and restaurant hopped so she could try different versions of her new favorite drink - Michalata. It is a drink made of spicy (or spiced) tomato juice, clam juice with your choice of a (preferably Mexican) beer. We went to a few different places and had a really great time hanging out at the Riverwalk, seeing the Alamo and then going to a fabulous restaurant about 15 minutes outside of downtown called La Fogata. If you're ever in SA and want a wonderful Mexican food meal, you have to eat at this place!

We had some family portraits done recently so be on the lookout for those pictures...


We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year's celebration. Tatum has not arrived as of today (Monday) so we're just trying to be as patient as possible. Since she did not arrive yesterday, I have officially carried her longer than I was able to for CCR. That is great news since CCR was so early, but I have to admit that I'm ready to throw in the towel. Thank you God for ignoring me and allowing Tatum to continue to grow in the womb.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was begining to wonder if you had given up on your blog :) Thanks for sharing...Colton is getting so big!