Thursday, September 10, 2009

Grammy B Weekend

Grammy B was able to come to town the weekend after CCR's first birthday to help Doug and I celebrate. We had a wonderful visit. Here are some of the sweetest photos of CCR with his Grammy B - dancin' and playing with her necklace.








In order to do a little bit of celebrating for CCR's birthday, we got him a little cake and a balloon to help the house look a little bit more festive. I think every parent expects their child to dig right in to their (cup)cake and make a huge mess, but I should've known better. CCR gets visibly upset when he gets remnants of pumpkin spice bread between his fingers at snack time. So it should have come as no surprise to me when he didn't want to get his fingers dirty in this multi-colored edible creation sitting in front of him. After a little while, he did get very excited and then have to sneeze which caused him to land left hand first into the edge of the cake. Then he rubbed his eyes/face which resulted in some of the cute photos below...I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...afterall, Doug and I exchanged wedding cake on forks...










Here's a cute shot of CCR playing with the bag that contained his birthday gifts from Grammy B. He just loved playing with the little baseball on the handle...


1 comment:

CW said...

OMG again... These photos are fantastic. He is so happy and really had a good time on his birthday. Such a happy kid!
I wish I could have been there. We'll celebrate again in November